What is the purpose of the Trade Effluent Issues Committee?
On the 26 September 2017, the Panel agreed to establish the Trade Effluent Issues Committee (TEIC) in accordance with Section 5.2.1(p) and Schedule 12 of the Market Arrangements Code (MAC).
The purpose of the TEIC will be to offer expertise to the Panel on matters relating to Trade Effluent as defined in CSD 0206 (Trade Effluent Process), Part G of the Operational Terms and wider legislation relating to Trade Effluent.
The objectives of the Committee are:
- Identify and document any market impacting Trade Effluent issues; and
- Consult or advise on any Trade Effluent Change Proposals, to which end the group shall:
- Review and (where appropriate) support development of proposed solutions to ensure a technically workable, effective and satisfactory outcome is recommended and can be implemented;
- Explore and recommend alternative solutions; and
- Assess whether any Trade Effluent impacting Change Proposals or solutions, on balance, facilitate the Objectives and Principles of the codes, or suggest appropriate alternatives.
Who makes up the committee?
The TEIC consists of a Chair and ten (10) voting members made up of a pool of Trade Effluent experts with five (5) Wholesaler Members and five (5) Retailer Members.
- Zainab Mohammed - Chair (MOSL)
- Matthew Atkin - Wholesaler Member (Northumbrian Water)
- Patricia Quintana - Wholesaler Member (Southern Water)
- Andrew Stringer - Wholesaler Member (United Utilities)
- Mark Needham - Wholesaler Member (Severn Trent)
- Phil Sinclair - Retailer Member (Water2Business)
- Rob Barker - Retailer Member (NWG Business)
- Jamie Mack - Retailer Member (Business Stream)
- Nick Butt (Yu Energy)
- Carl Elsworth (Water Plus)
- Daniel Rowe (Yorkshire Water)
The following non-voting members are entitled to attend, to speak but not vote at any TEIC meeting:
- The Market Operator (a Lead Analyst for Trade Effluent or representative);
- An observer representing the Environment Agency (EA);
- An observer representing Ofwat;
- A consumer representative; and
- Panel Sponsor.
The TEIC is expected to meet monthly for a period of twelve (12) months.
What does the Trade Effluent Issues Committee do?
For more information on the TEIC, please refer to its Terms of Reference.
Contact the Trade Effluent Issues Committee
If you would like to contact the Committee or the Committee Secretary, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
|Meeting 1||7 November 2017||Download||Download||Download|
|Meeting 2||5 December 2017||Download||Download||Download|
|Meeting 3||9 January 2018||Download||Download||Download|
|Meeting 4||13 February 2018||Download||Download||Download|
|Meeting 5||20 March 2018||Download||Download||Download|
|Meeting 6||17 April 2018||Download||Download||Download|
|Meeting 7||15 May 2018||Download||Download||Download|
|Meeting 8||12 June 2018||Download||Download||Download|
|Meeting 9||10 July 2018|
|Meeting 10||14 August 2018||Download||Download||Download|
|Meeting 11||11 September 2018||Download||Download||Download|
|Meeting 12||9 October 2018||Download||Download|