On 15 March 2017, the Panel agreed to establish a General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) Issues Committee in accordance with the Section 5.2.1(p) and Schedule 12 of the Market Arrangements Code (MAC).
What is the purpose of the GDPR Issues Committee?
On the 25th May 2018, the EU General Data Protection Regulation replaces the Data Protection Act (DPA) 1998. The GDPR Issues Committee has been established by the Panel to primarily determine the need for (and nature of) any changes to the market codes to align with the pending legislation.
The purpose of the GDPR Issues Committee will be to review the pending legislation that will be replacing the DPA, and to identify whether, and if so how, the market codes might need to change.
The objectives of the GDPR Committee is to:
- To determine to which extent, if any, changes are required to align the market codes to the GDPR; and
- To make recommendations to the Panel for necessary code changes.
The GDPR Issues Committee Members are obliged to act impartially.
Who makes up the committee?
The GDPR Issues Committee will consist of 9 members with relevant experience in the field of corporate governance/risk, business management and IT security, as set out further in Section 4 of the Terms of Reference. The members are:
- Helyn Mensah - Chair
- Caroline Gould - Wholesaler (South East Water)
- James Gilbert - Wholesaler (Anglian Water Services Limited)
- Hugh Laurie - Wholesaler (Thames Water)
- Nick Rutherford - Wholesaler (Bristol Water Plc)
- Maureen Wilkinson - Associated Retailer (NWG Business)
- Sally Marshall - Associated Retailer (Kelda Group)
- Gillian Hill - Unassociated Retailer (Clear Business Water)
- Louise Fox - Associated Retailer (AWBN -Anglian Water Business National)
The GDPR Issues Committee meetings will occur on an ad hoc basis until a recommendation has been provided to the Panel.
What does the GDPR Issues Committee do?
For more information on the GDPR Issues Committee, please refer to its Terms of Reference.
Contact the GDPR Issues Committee
If you would like to contact the Committee or the Committee Secretary, please email email@example.com
|Meeting 1||8 June 2017||Download||Download||Download|
|Meeting 2||22 June 2017||Download||Download||Download|
|Meeting 3||6 July 2017||Download||Download||Download|
|Meeting 4||18 July 2017||Download||Download||Download|
|Meeting 6||1 September 2017||Download||Download||Download|
|Meeting 7||6 October 2017||Download||Download||Download|
|Meeting 8||10 November 2017||Download||Download||Download|
|Meeting 9||14 November 2017||Download||Download||Download|
|Meeting 10||1 December 2017||Download||Download||Download|
|Meeting 11||8 January 2018||Download||Download||Download|