In this third year of the market, MOSL is committed to accelerating both the pace and impact of planned improvement initiatives.
The Market Performance Operating Plan (MPOP) provides the framework within which this accelerated improvement can be achieved, by focusing on two primary objectives:
• To deliver improved customer outcomes
• To deliver improved trading party performance and accountability.
To achieve these objectives, a series of projects will be delivered through the MPOP across four key areas:
Market Improvement Documents
Market Improvement Documents
|Document name||Published||Log-in required to view?||Link|
|Vacancy Extracts Guidance||11 December 2019||
|Vacancy Issues Group Terms of Reference||29 July 2019||
|Long Unread Meters Working Group Terms of Reference||22 July 2019||
|Meter Read Rejections and Asset Data Terms of Reference||22 July 2019||
|2019/20 Market Performance Operating Plan (overview)||24 May 2019||
|2019/20 Market Performance Operating Plan (full version)||24 May 2019||Yes||Download|
|2019/20 MPOP Consultation Responses Summary||24 May 2019||Yes||Download|
|2018/19 Annual Market Performance Report||8 May 2019||No||Download|
|MPOP Dashboard Guidance Note||27 September 2018||Yes||Download|
Vacancy working group
What is the purpose of the working group?
The Vacancy working group has been established as part of Programme A of MOSL’s 2019/20 Market Performance Operating Plan to assess the material causes and effects of the rise in vacancy levels since market opening, identify potential routes to resolution and define solutions.
What makes up the committee?
The Vacancy working group consists of:
- Rob Curry (MOSL)
- Andrew Welborn (MOSL)
- Chris Chiorean (MOSL)
- Julie Carly (MOSL)
- Sharon Bellwood (Yorkshire Water Business Services)
- Charlotte Glass (Wave)
- Max Langford (SES)
- Michele Marshall (Water-Plus)
- Verity Memmott (South West)
- Trevor Nelson (Business Stream)
- Sean Webster (Thames)
- Tom Wells (Southern)
- Karen Winfield (Anglian).
How often will it meet?
The Vacancy working group will meet on an ad-hoc basis, relevant to the activity required to progress key deliverables within the Vacancy workstream.
What does the Vacancy working group do?
The purpose of the working group is to provide insight, guidance and to lead (where appropriate) on specific activities.
The objectives of the working group are to:
- Identify and resolve legacy data issues resulting in inaccurate premise occupancy status;
- Determine specific areas of challenge and advise on the key measures and metrics to be tracked against on an ongoing basis;
- Define an effective incentive structure for managing vacancy accurately;
- Assess potential for introduction of data improvement plans or APIs to target resolution of specific issues associated with vacancy;
- Identify potential code changes to improve the efficiency and effectiveness of the vacancy process (this may include, for example, changes to the existing challenge process; changes to the existing performance incentives for managing vacancy (e.g. MPS); development of a new, standardised vacancy incentive scheme).
Contact the MIMP Committee
If you would like to contact the Vacancy working group or MPOP Programme team, please email email@example.com.