Comments (0) Helpful?


When a non-household customer chooses to change the retailer that supplies their water and/or sewerage services.

The chosen retailer must be able to submit a Transfer Registration Application for the relevant supply point.

Customer touchpoint

Customers must sign a contract with the incoming retailer they wish to switch to. The outgoing retailer will be notified of the switch after the transfer registration has been submitted and will have an opportunity to confirm the switch with the customer. A transfer read will need to be taken for any meters on the premises, to calculate the final bill from the outgoing retailer.

Obligations under the codes

Retailers are responsible for initiating and completing the necessary actions to allow a customer to switch water and/or sewerage suppliers. This is described in more detail in CSD 0102 (Registration: transfers).

Click to find out more about Transfer Reads.

Log In

Please login to view secure online content. If you’re not a member you can register here. Forgotten password? Please download our guide on how to reset your password.


Sign Up

Please complete ALL fields below. Registration is for MOSL members and Open Water partners only in order to access controlled documents on this site.


Already a Member? Log in here

Forgot Password

Enter New Password

Document Versions

Comments (0)

No comments have been posted.