Internship Programme 2o2o
We have two internship positions available for Summer 2020 in our Digital and Market Performance teams which are open to enrolled Southampton University students. Job descriptions will be posted online from 1 February 2020.
Applicants should have:
- A passion for data and analysis
- Good general IT skills
- Knowledge of SQL and Microsoft Excel
- Working knowledge or experience with data visualisation programmes/tools such as Python/RStudio (preferable but not essential).
Applicants must have:
- A can-do attitude
- A passion for learning and developing new skills
- Great team working skills.
What we offer
As an intern at MOSL, you can expect:
- A 12-week paid placement based at our modern offices in central Southampton
- A stand-alone project to see through from creation to completion
- Access to real market data and data systems
- Direct contact with senior decision makers and industry influencers
- Mentoring and guidance from your line manager and colleagues
- A friendly and supportive work environment
- Training, networking and development opportunities within the utilities sector
- Invitations to free company social events every month
- A competitive hourly salary
- Access to our benefits platform offering discounts at hundreds of national retailers.
A great place to work
We pride ourselves in being a great place to work. Following our move from London to Southampton in 2018 we have been developing our relationship with the University of Southampton and introduced our Summer Internship Programme. Following successful placements, every intern to-date has been offered a position at MOSL either on a fixed term contract while they continue their studies or a full-time contract after their summer placement.
Our Summer 2020 Internship Programme will continue to offer these great opportunities in our Digital and Market Performance teams, as we look to grow the programme in coming years to offer more placements and a potential Graduate Scheme.
We live by our values
Our values support our vision and shape our culture. It’s who we are, what we do and how we do it. MOSLers aim to live and breathe them every day.
We’re young company and our colleagues choose to work for us as we offer the opportunity to make an impact and shape an organisation at an early stage.
Unlike bigger companies, our interns have invaluable access to the senior leadership team, which means that good ideas are taken on board, and everyone’s voice is heard across the business.
A learning organisation
MOSL is an exciting place to work with great opportunities for students and our colleagues to develop both personally and professionally. We are a learning organisation and as part of that – we believe in learning from the experience of our people and the insight they can offer us. But, don’t just take our word for it, take a look at what our previous interns have to say:
“It was obvious from the start that MOSL puts its employees first – the welcome and support is genuine – you really feel part of the team. It was a real pleasure to work alongside so many brilliant minds and I’ve learnt so much more than I ever could’ve imagined.” Hendriico, MP Intern 2019
“Moving from university or college to working life is often depicted as a difficult transition, however I have found MOSL an incredibly hospitable environment filled with people that will answer any question. They have made me feel very welcome.” - Matt, Digital Intern 2018
How to apply
The positions will be advertised from early February 2020.
Applications can only be made through the Southampton University careers portal
Interviews will be held before the Easter break next year.